asked 5 years ago

I split with my partner down south and moved back to scotland as all my family are here. When i told my family members who took me in that i needed to declare bankruptcy, they asked me to leave, i now live in a caravan and cant private rent as my credit rating is shocking, the only way out of my situation is to declare sequestration but I’d like to know if its possible while living in a caravan? Thanks

1 Answers
answered 5 years ago

There isn’t anything in law that stops someone from using sequestration as a means to effectively deal with their debts because they live in a caravan. If you are not sure what you may need to provide as proof of identity or address then you may wish to contact the Accountant in Bankruptcy and ask what they would accept.


This question was answered by Debt Advice Foundation, an independent UK debt advice charity. If you need further help, Debt Advice Foundation provides a free, confidential helpline and can advise you. Click here to find out more.