Who are Creditfix?
Established in 2007, Creditfix are one of the UK’s largest personal insolvency firms, helping thousands of people take control of their debt every year.
Their team of expert insolvency practitioners work closely with clients to fully understand their unique financial circumstances, before offering a tailored solution to help them get out of financial difficulty.
They pride themselves on offering high levels of customer service and debt solutions that are both affordable and appropriate to their clients’ needs and lifestyle. With a team of over 100 employees available to listen, empathise and advise, they operate with the understanding that one conversation is all it takes to turn a life around.
Creditfix are headquartered in Glasgow, but they also have offices in Manchester and Carlisle. They help people dealing with debt in Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and are regulated by the Insolvency Practitioners’ Association.
What do they do?
Creditfix help people who are struggling financially to deal with their debt – and can offer debt solutions and guidance for every level of debt problem.
Here are just a few examples of the types of unsecured debt they can manage on your behalf, or propose the right solution for:
- Council tax and HMRC debts
- Credit card debt
- Store card, catalogue and festive period debt
- Rent arrears
- Utility bill debts
- Payday or short-term loans
- Gambling debts
When you contact Creditfix about your debt concerns, they will:
- Assess your debt level: One of their team of debt specialists will ask you some questions about your income and expenditure. They’ll also ask who you owe money to, in order to understand your circumstances.
- Propose the best option: Next, they’ll present the most appropriate debt solutions that are available for your affordability and debt level.
- Help you take control: If you decide to go ahead with a Creditfix solution, in many cases, they can contact your creditors on your behalf, prevent you receiving any more threatening letters or calls, and even help you write off your unsecured debt.
If you currently live in Scotland, they may refer you to their partner site, Carrington Dean, who specialise in arranging trust deeds. Carrington Dean are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
How can they help?
Creditfix pride themselves on their compassion, professionalism and expertise in handling what can be a very sensitive subject for many people. They will listen carefully to your circumstances, before recommending the best debt solution for you.
- Get peace of mind: They speak to hundreds of people every day who are going through financial turmoil and debt problems, so first and foremost, they understand how to put their customers at ease.
- Understand your path out of debt: Over the last year alone, Creditfix have helped people deal with over £294 million worth of debt. They firmly believe there is always a way out of debt; their job is to put you on the right path.
- Sleep better at night: In a survey Creditfix carried out, 86% of respondents told them that being in debt had a noticeable impact on their mental health, triggering issues including anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Creditfix empower their customers to get help with their debt and start building towards a more positive, debt-free future.
Creditfix currently have a Trustpilot rating of 4.7 stars (they’re overall rated ‘Excellent’) from over 4,000 happy customers. You can read their most recent reviews here.
What debt solutions do they offer?
Creditfix advisors will always assess your situation and recommend the best debt solution for your needs, whether that’s an IVA, a trust deed, a debt arrangement scheme, or any of the other options available for people struggling with debt that they list on their website.
The company specialises in a debt solution called an individual voluntary arrangement (usually abbreviated to IVA). This is a formal solution which allows people who are struggling to repay their debts to write them off in five to six years. If you live in Scotland, the equivalent of this is a trust deed. Often, an IVA can help you write off a high percentage of the total debt you owe.
Creditfix will negotiate with your creditors on your behalf in order to agree upon a repayment plan that’s affordable based on your personal circumstances, meaning the amount you have to pay each month will be reduced. At the end of the plan, any remaining debt is written off.
One benefit of an IVA is that once you have entered into it, creditors can no longer get in touch with you, but must communicate through your designated insolvency practitioner.
This means you will be free from the stress of constant phone calls and letters from creditors, which can be distressing, and highly disruptive to daily life.
And by having just one, simple monthly payment to commit to, it’s easier to manage your debt repayments, stick to your budget, and then eventually, when your debt agreement comes to an end, get on with your debt-free future.
Do Creditfix charge fees for their help?
When you call Creditfix, any advice they give you will be completely free of charge and confidential.
If you decide to go ahead with a formal debt solution, such as an IVA, the insolvency practitioners’ fee will be included in the monthly payment amount. There are no upfront costs or extra charges.
You should be wary of any debt management company that does charge a consultation or set-up fee.
How do I contact Creditfix?
You can contact Creditfix for free, confidential debt advice any time.
Over the phone: By ringing 0808 253 2907. Their phone lines are open Monday to Thursday, 9am to 8pm, and Fridays 9am to 6pm.
By email: At firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via their website: By completing their online enquiry form.
Don’t worry, if you email or fill in an enquiry outside of their opening hours, a member of the Creditfix team will get back to you.
To find out more about Creditfix and how they help people get out of debt, you can access more information, including helpful debt advice, tips and resources, on their website.
Submit your review
Absolutely amazing... creditfix helped me to sort out my finances and took the pressure off me I can't thank them enough.
Absolutely brilliant. Really took their time to sort me out, and with their total professionalism have now sorted out my finances, as well as my life
Creditfix has really helped with my financial struggles, at first I was very sceptical on entering an IVA but after research and specking to Lauren at creditfix I’m so pleased I went ahead with it… A whole weight has been lifted off my shoulders.. Here’s to a brighter future