question category:

can baliffs take stuff from my house for my daughter that does not live here

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: can baliffs take stuff from my house for my daughter ...

Enforcement agents are only entitled to take control of items that are owned, or in part owned, by the person who is named on the order. They will go to the address that they are told to attend which is usually the last known address held. If they do attend your property for someone who no longer lives there then you can advise them that she does not live in your home and you do not have to allow them access. You can find a lot of useful information on enforcement here: If your daughter contacts them and updates them of her new address details and comes to an arrangement to deal with the debt then they will have no need to call. She can contact any of the free debt advice charities if she is unclear on her options.

This question was answered by Debt Advice Foundation, an independent UK debt advice charity. If you need further help, Debt Advice Foundation provides a free, confidential helpline and can advise you. Click here to find out more.


Want to ask your own question?

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.


Our featured debt charity

Debt Advice Foundation

The Debt Advice Foundation offers:

  • Impartial advice
  • Debt solution to best suit your needs
  • Confidential helpline
  • Non-judgemental advice
  • No appointment needed