question category:

Enquiring about selling a share in my property

My 25 year mortgage term is expiring soon. I have bad credit so can't get another mortgage. Can I sell a 50% share in the property to pay the mortgage off and pay rent on that share?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Enquiring about selling a share in my property

Your questions are better paced with a mortgage adviser or solicitor who deals with ownership and sale of property.

This question was answered by Debt Advice Foundation, an independent UK debt advice charity. If you need further help, Debt Advice Foundation provides a free, confidential helpline and can advise you. Click here to find out more.


Want to ask your own question?

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.


Our featured debt charity

Debt Advice Foundation

The Debt Advice Foundation offers:

  • Impartial advice
  • Debt solution to best suit your needs
  • Confidential helpline
  • Non-judgemental advice
  • No appointment needed