question category:

Can I get a Notice of Disassociate from my husband even though we have a mortgage?

My husband and I have a mortgage and a secure loan which we have never had problems paying, however my husband has some personal debt which I believe is now effecting me. Can I still get a Notice of Disassociate?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Can I get a Notice of Disassociate from my husband even ...

It may be beneficial for you to initially try and establish if your husbands personal debt is in fact affecting your ability to get credit by contacting credit reference agencies such as Equifax and Experian and getting a copy of your file. It may however be difficult for you to get a Notice of Dissociate, as you would need to be able to prove that your finances are separate. Given that you have a mortgage and secured loan together this may prove difficult. Please seek further free money advice.

Want to ask your own question?

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.


Our featured debt charity

Debt Advice Foundation

The Debt Advice Foundation offers:

  • Impartial advice
  • Debt solution to best suit your needs
  • Confidential helpline
  • Non-judgemental advice
  • No appointment needed