question category:

Returning to University while under DRO?

I am currently under a DRO (one month in). I'd like to return to University to do a Masters - if I get a student loan to cover my fees (4400) my benefits will be reassessed using the entire potential loan as income (10K) whether I take the full amount or not. It therefore makes financial sense to get the full loan to make up for the loss of benefits. Will having this lump some to be wound down over the year affect my DRO? Essentially my annual income will be the same, but some of it will be a lump some. Will this be an issue? Many thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Returning to University while under DRO?

If you have a change of circumstances during the course of the Debt Relief Order (DRO) you are usually required to identify this to the DRO Unit. So your question may be best placed with the Approved Intermediary who submitted your application or by contacting the Insolvency Service DRO unit.

This question was answered by Debt Advice Foundation, an independent UK debt advice charity. If you need further help, Debt Advice Foundation provides a free, confidential helpline and can advise you. Click here to find out more.


Want to ask your own question?

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.


Our featured debt charity

Debt Advice Foundation

The Debt Advice Foundation offers:

  • Impartial advice
  • Debt solution to best suit your needs
  • Confidential helpline
  • Non-judgemental advice
  • No appointment needed