question category:

How can I stop the CSA chaseing me for money when I earn less then the taxable amount

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: How can I stop the CSA chaseing me for money when I earn ...

You really need to speak to the CSA about the information they used to calculate your maintenance. As far as I know they work on a percentage - around 15% for one child. Have your circumstances changed? The CSA recommend you use this calcualator to work out how much you should be paying. CSA or indeed any maintenance is not a debt as such and can't be dealt with in IVAs, DMPS or Bankruptcy. Its a priority expenditure you need put above any other debts you have. The CSA have far more power than other creditors - for example they can actually have your driving license stopped for 2 years. I think the best thing for you to do is get some legal advice from the CAB or Community Legal Service. The CSA do have a complaints procedure here: If your CSA payments are causing trouble with other debts we can certainly advise on those - so if you do have a debt problem - or I have got the wrong end of the stick - click on my name and email me at Debt Advice Foundation.

Want to ask your own question?

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.


Our featured debt charity

Debt Advice Foundation

The Debt Advice Foundation offers:

  • Impartial advice
  • Debt solution to best suit your needs
  • Confidential helpline
  • Non-judgemental advice
  • No appointment needed