Debt Management Programs That Won't Cost You A Penny
Debt Management Plans are sold by hundreds of debt management companies in the UK, however, did you know that you can get a free debt management plan? That's right, no set-up fees and no monthly management charges.
When you're in debt you're often just happy to have your creditors off your back and your debts made more affordable. The idea that you're paying too much for the service often doesn't enter your mind. So before you do anything we'd like to save you a lot of money by letting you know that free debt management plans are available and introduce you to a debt charity that provides them.
Some Facts About Debt and Debt Management Plans
- There are 3.4 million UK adults in serious debt
- The average debt is £25,115, although 9% of people have debts of over £60,000
- 91% are paying off credit card debt
- Women are even more affected by serious debt than men, with 75% saying they are not sleeping because of debt-stress, compared to 61% of men
- Despite these high levels of stress, 15% of people still have not talked to anyone about their debt problems
- Almost 48% of people in serious debt pay for their debt solution, although there are lots of free alternatives
- A fifth of people on debt management plans will take more than 10 years to pay them off
- Over 10 years, average charges add almost 20% to the cost and nearly 2 years to the repayment period
- The suffering caused by debt stress and the unnecessary fees often paid can be avoided
Our Mission Is To Find You The Best Debt Management Plan
- To stop those in debt waiting month or years before talking to a trusted professional advisor
- To stop those in debt being sold expensive debt management plans and instead helping them get access to free alternatives
- To help anyone struggling with debt problems to share and to talk about them and so avoid unnecessary suffering
Our Solution To Your Problem
To ensure that you get the right debt management advice, we provide free access to carefully screened, reviewed, debt advisors who provide unbiased debt advice. This helps those in serious debt avoid those advisors who charge excessive fees or feel it's reasonable to extend the term of debt plan beyond what is reasonable and fair.
Why A Free Debt Management Is Best For You
If you want to become debt free you will want 100% of the money you repay to go towards paying off your debts. There are lots of different ways paid-for debt management companies make their money, but you'll frequently find them charging you unnecessary commission. For example, if you are paying a15% commission to your debt management company on a monthly repayment of £450 a month, you'll be wasting £67.50 a month and it could also take you a lot longer to pay off your debt.We therefore recommend you find a debt management service that is free.
Talk About Your Debt With A Professional
It's enormously hard to face up to a debt problem, and sometimes even harder to share that problem with loved-ones. Often people delay dealing with the problem. Sharing a debt problem with a trained advisor can be the first step in solving that problem and for many it is the first time they have shared their financial concerns with anyone else. Speak to one of our recommended debt charities to find out more.
- Useful? Help us to help others by sharing this page.
- Bookmark this page on Delicious for your future reference.