Search For The UK's Best Debt Management Companies
There are hundreds of debt management companies in the UK. Nearly all of them want to charge you a monthly fee in return for setting up and managing your debt management plan. Now here's what they won't tell you. There are perfectly good free debt management plans available to you. Plans that won't charge you a monthly fee and will shorten the time it takes you to become debt free.
We will help you find a debt management service that will give every penny of your new affordable monthly repayment to your creditors.
Some Facts About Debt and Debt Management Companies
- There are 3.4 million UK adults in serious debt
- The average debt is £25,115, although 9% of people have debts of over £60,000
- 91% are paying off credit card debt
- Women are even more affected by serious debt than men, with 75% saying they are not sleeping because of debt-stress, compared to 61% of men
- Despite these high levels of stress, 15% of people still have not talked to anyone about their debt problems
- Almost 48% of people in serious debt pay for their debt solution, although there are lots of free alternatives
- A fifth of people on debt management plans will take more than 10 years to pay them off
- Over 10 years, average charges add almost 20% to the cost and nearly 2 years to the repayment period
- The suffering caused by debt stress and the unnecessary fees often paid can be avoided
- To stop those is debt waiting month or years before talking to a trusted professional advisor
- To stop those is debt being sold expensive debt management plans and instead helping them get access to free alternatives from the UK's best debt management companies
- To get anyone struggling with debt to Talk About Debt and not suffer unnecessarily
To ensure that you get the right advice, we provide free access to free charity debt advisors who provide unbiased debt advice. This helps those in serious debt to avoid advisors who charge excessive fees or feel it is reasonable to extend the period individuals are in debt beyond what is reasonable and logical.
Why free debt management companies are good for you
If you want to become debt free you want 100% of the money you repay to go towards paying off your debts. There are lots of different ways paid-for debt management companies make their money, but you'll normally find it works out at about 15% commission. If you repaid £25,000 at £450 a month, you'd be paying £67.50 a month to the debt management company and it would take 10 months longer to repay your debt!
- Useful? Help us to help others by sharing this page.
- Bookmark this page on Delicious for your future reference.